Thank you for choosing Klassy K9, LLC for your dog’s grooming needs. Klassy K9 prides itself on providing excellent care for your best friend. Before we can provide services for your dog, please read the following:
- VACCINATIONS: To protect the health of your dog and the other dogs at Klassy K9, rabies and distemper/parvo vaccinations are required to be up to date. Veterinary proof must be presented at the first grooming appointment.
- Please remember, it is the pet owner's job to train their dog to accept handling and grooming. Training time will help your dog know what to expect and have a good experience at the groomer.
- Sometimes grooming can expose or exacerbate a hidden pre-existing condition. Anything the groomer might find will be brought to the owner’s attention. We cannot diagnose a condition, but may advise the owner to seek veterinary attention.
- If your pet has any medical problems (i.e. seizures, arthritis, collapsing trachea, heart disease, etc.) Klassy K9 asks to be informed so that the groomer may take whatever steps necessary to keep your pet comfortable. In extreme cases, groomer may need to deny services, in the best interest of your pet. Because Klassy K9 is operated in a portion of the groomer’s home, we ask that you respectfully not bring your dog in if you know it has fleas. If you are suspicious, consult with your veterinarian and take care of the flea issue before bringing your dog in for grooming. If fleas are found on the dog, it is our policy to automatically give a flea bath and there will be an additional cost of $15.
- Because Klassy K9 is operated in a portion of the groomer’s home, we ask that you respectfully not bring your dog in if you know it has fleas. If you are suspicious, consult with your veterinarian and take care of the flea issue before bringing your dog in for grooming. If fleas are found on the dog, it is our policy to automatically give a flea bath and there will be an additional cost of $10.
- If your pet has a history of biting, Klassy K9 requires notification. Use of a muzzle may be required to help prevent injury. Some dogs may be denied services if the biting behavior puts the groomer at too great a risk. Additional charges apply for difficult pets.
- Spa services are by appointment only. Please do not bring your pet in prior to your appointment time, as the previous dog may not be finished. Pets must be picked up within 45 minutes of the phone call notifying you your dog’s grooming is complete. In the event you are unable to pick up in a timely fashion, previous arrangements must be made or there will be an additional $10 charge.
- Scheduled appointments that fail to show will be charged the rate of a regular groom.
- Although accidents are rare, there is a risk when working on any animal. Any incident will be reported to the owner, and if emergency treatment is necessary we will transport your pet to the nearest veterinarian. Pet owner agrees to pay all costs for medical treatment provided, unless illness or injury is a direct result of negligence. Klassy K9 will not be held responsible for any sickness or injury occurred in grooming, including, but not limited to, clipper burn/rash and minor nicks, resulting from matted, neglected coats, difficult dogs, or for irritation caused by removing coat from dogs possessing mild to severe skin sensitivity and allergies. Klassy K9 will not be held responsible for stressful effects grooming may have on a geriatric or unhealthy dog.